Due to recent investment and business growth, DSP is looking for a Senior Azure Architect / SQL Server DBA. This role will see time split between billable consultancy, pre-sales engagements and assisting the support desk during busy periods. You will represent DSP professionally through a mix of onsite and remote work, as well as attendance at Microsoft Partner events. The role will ideally be based in Basingstoke with frequent visits to the London office and customer sites as required. Existing Microsoft certifications are an advantage but with DSP’s position as a leading UK Gold Partner these can easily be picked up on the job.
Role & Responsibilities
Consultancy & Presales:
- Work with customers and delivery partners to help define and deliver high impact solutions based on Microsoft’s data stack.
- Engage in database projects including full system design, in situ upgrades performance tuning Azure migrations, disaster recovery and high availability.
- Work with management when necessary to resolve sensitive account issues and to effectively manage customer incidents.
- Proactively work with the sales team and provide pre-sales.
- Provide thought leadership to support marketing including creation of blogs.
Managed Services Support:
- Maintain support for Managed Clients, responding to tickets and support functions.
- Assist with third level support issues as and when required via the Service Desk
- Assist with covering in hours support between 08:30 and 18:00 as needed
- Understand and help with the client installs of dsp’s enterprise monitoring solution (UIM).
- On Call Support: The role will carry an on-call element.
- Keep Microsoft certification up-to-date
- SQL Server Database experience, with involvement in some or all the following areas: operation and troubleshooting, system architecture, design and implementation
- Consulting/services experience would be advantageous – i.e. the direct provision of technical thought leadership and services to external teams, stakeholders or customers
DSP values above all openness, excellence, reliability.
Primary Technical Skills – DBA
The ideal candidate will have gained the following skills over 5 years +:
- SQL Server Relational Database Engine Database administration from SQL 2000 to 2017.
- Microsoft Azure implementation and support.
- Disaster recovery including log shipping, Mirroring and availability groups would be advantageous
- Architecture, design and implementation of highly-available database solutions (OLTP)
- Experience of transactional replication
- Database & Application performance tuning
- Understanding and application of database design techniques
- Transact-SQL programming skills
- Data querying and display using Reporting Services (SSRS), Performance Point Services and Excel Services
- Multi-Cloud experience and understanding e.g. AWS would be beneficial.
- Understanding of Windows and core services like Active Directory, DNS
- Appreciation for Hardware components
Secondary Technical Skills – Business Intelligence
- Large-scale data manipulation and Extract Transform and Load (ETL) using SQL Server Integration Services, Transact-SQL code and other techniques
- OLAP cube architecture, design and implementation using SQL Server Analysis Services
- Familiarity with SQL Server development tools (Management Studio and Business Intelligence Development Studio)
- A working knowledge of one or more .NET development languages and associated database APIs
Customers are generally based in the greater London Area, but you may be required to stay away from home during the working week. Service desk hours are delivered by an early and late shift between 8:30 and 18:00. There will be some rota work to cover our 24x7x365 clients.
This role will be based in our London (St Pauls) or Basingstoke Office