DSP offers award winning IT Consultancy and Managed Services for Oracle, Microsoft SQL Server and Cloud technologies, particularly Oracle Cloud and Microsoft Azure. Private Equity backed, and with 3 offices across the country, DSP’s mission is to be the UK’s most innovative provider of Enterprise Data Management support services, embracing Migration, Automation, Analytics and Cloud enablement.
The Data Analytics Engineer will report directly to the Director of Innovation and will be responsible for building analytic visualisations with internal and external data. The Data Analytics Engineer will be required to work independently on a range of data problems and provide visualisation of that data. The problems will be specific and well defined yet the solution and ‘data wangling’ will be down to the engineer.
The Data Analytics Engineer will be expected to:
- Work independently on a wide range of data problems
- Expected to undertake self-study and learning to improve their knowledge of analytic and visualisation tools
- Extend their remit beyond data and analytics to potentially investigate and work on other IT projects where appropriate
- Undertake professional certification in line with the company objectives
Role & Responsibilities
- Providing analysis and building visualisations of data
- Developing and documenting the capability of data visualisation tools
- Administering the Cloud environments and datastores where appropriate
- Writing and performing data manipulations in SQL, Perl, Python etc
- Building and training Machine Learning models
- Build engaging narratives around customer data with analytics and visualisations
Key Success Criteria
- Strong work ethic and the ability to take problems and translate them into technical solutions.
- Self-motivated and ability to work under their own initiative
- Willingness to learn, adapt and challenge themselves in undertaking new challenges in new technologies
- Strong communicator with an ability to express technical challenges in non-technical speak
- Strong written and presentation skills to be able to ensure all work is documented to the highest standard
- Manage their own time appropriately and ensure deadlines are met and expectations are set with key stakeholders
- Desire to learn and get to grips with tools and problems which maybe unfamiliar
Experience & Background
- Computer science / maths / engineering degree
- Experience in scripting languages
- Understanding data analytics concepts
- Experience in Cloud ML platforms and or Power BI would be beneficial but not a requirement
- Organisational Skills
- Dedication and Grit
- Drive and determination to get the job done correctly
DSP values above all openness, excellence, reliability
Location / Special Requirements
- Based in our Nottingham office with occasional travel to other office locations as the role requires.
This job description is not to be regarded as exclusive or exhaustive. It is intended as an outline indicating of the areas of activity and may be amended from time to time in the light of the changing needs of the organisation.