Stripe faced several challenges with third party hosting. The main concerns were as follows:
- Building value into re-platforming
- Ensuring security isn’t compromised
- Minimal disruption to service
Third party hosting didn’t have the flexibility of resource provisioning that could be achieved through Public Cloud. In order to scale or burst a procurement exercise would have been necessary, which would have taken too long. The other challenge was around using a shared platform and the commercial / technical constraints that it presented.
- DSP suggested a migration to Oracle Cloud, which would provide Stripe with greater security through a mixture of IaaS and PaaS platforms, and physical data centre accreditations.
In order to meet the client's requirements of moving to OCI quickly and with minimal downtime, we enabled testing and support phases of the migration followed by a number of techniques around database refresh clones.
- After that the migration was simple and we were able to help Stripe transition straight into support through our continuous MSP programme.
We are the UK’s leading provider of Database and Data Platform Managed Services, winner of Oracle's 'Oracle Digital Partner of the Year Award 2020', and the only Oracle MSP and Microsoft CSP in the UK.
DSP are certified and audited by Oracle to ensure we can provide a fully managed Cloud environment. As an Oracle Cloud MSP, we can provide total flexibility over everything from infrastructure management to cost control.
We pride ourselves on employing world-class Oracle and Microsoft technologists, using best practice methodology and delivering services both on spec and on budget. Our bespoke services mean that our clients, like Stripe, will always get the best solution to suit their needs.
- -Flexible infrastructure in Oracle Cloud; easy transition
- -Resources saved through MSP offerings; benefits from day 1.
- -Layers of security built into new infrastructure, and PaaS platforms meant more security
- -Minimised downtime
“Stripe have managed to make a seamless migration to Oracle Cloud and that has been enabled via DSP through their MSP programme. They have been instrumental in this transformation. Oracle Cloud is a platform which has enabled performant, Enterprise class infrastructure with the flexibility of Public Cloud. This combined with the DSP MSP wrapper means we can focus on our core business without being distracted by IT.”