Recently there has been a lot of talk about Windows Azure and the partnership between Microsoft and Oracle, so we look at the key aspects and what it will mean to the customers…
Microsoft and Oracle now provide end to end support for customers running their mission critical Oracle software on Azure and Hyper-V. This has increased choice and flexibility as to where you can deploy your applications, whilst having the safety of being fully supported by Oracle.
The Partnership also allows customers to bring over their existing licenses, or spin up a virtual machine with a license already included, allowing customer to take advantage of the on-demand infrastructure scaling provided by Azure.
– With the partnership customers are now able to run supported Oracle software on Windows Server Hyper-V and in Windows Azure.
– Oracle also provides license mobility for those customers that want to run Oracle software on Windows Azure.
– Microsoft has added popular configurations of Oracle software to the Windows Azure gallery, including Java, Oracle Database and Oracle WebLogic Server.
– Microsoft now offers fully licensed and supported Java in Azure. Providing a development platform to meet the needs of IT pros and developers.
– Oracle now offers Linux, with a variety of Oracle software on Windows Azure.