DSP offers award winning IT Consultancy and Managed Services for Oracle, Microsoft SQL Server and Cloud technologies, particularly Oracle Cloud and Microsoft Azure. Private Equity backed, and with 3 offices across the country, DSP’s mission is to be the UK’s most innovative provider of Enterprise Data Management support services; we embrace Migration, Automation, Analytics and Cloud enablement.
The Software Engineering intern will report directly to the Head of Oracle Cloud Services and will be responsible for a specific software development project around ‘Infrastructure as Code’. The intern will be required to work independently and build a working solution with associated documentation.
The project will be well defined, yet the solution and how it should be implemented will be down to the intern. DSP will provide time and resources to assist the intern in getting up to speed with all relevant areas of technology and Cloud prior to starting the project.
Role & Responsibilities
- Building a software solution around ‘Infrastructure as Code’
- Provide elements of automation for the deployment of Cloud infrastructure
- Developing scripts in SQL, Perl, Python, Java or the candidates preferred language
Key Success Criteria
- Strong work ethic and the ability to take problems and translate them into technical solutions.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work under their own initiative
- Willingness to learn, adapt and challenge themselves in undertaking new tasks in new technologies
- Strong communicator with an ability to express technical challenges in a non-technical way
- Strong written and presentation skills to be able to ensure all work is documented to the highest standard
- Manage their own time appropriately and ensure deadlines are met and expectations are set with key stakeholders
- Desire to learn and get to grips with tools and problems which may be unfamiliar
Experience & Background
- Computer science / maths / engineering degree
- Experience in scripting languages
- Understanding Cloud and Infrastructure as Code concepts
- Organisational Skills
- Dedication and Grit
- Drive and determination to get the job done correctly
- DSP values above all openness, excellence, and reliability
Location / Special Requirements
- Based in our Nottingham or London office
This job description is not to be regarded as exclusive or exhaustive. It is intended as an outline indicating of the areas of activity and may be amended from time to time in the light of the changing needs of the organisation.
To apply for this role please send your CV and a short cover statement to firstname.lastname@example.org.