Oracle EBS Managed Services for Home Group
Home Group came to us to provide an E-Business Suite Managed Service as an extension of their in-house team
Oracle E-Business Suite
Home Group, the UK’s largest provider of high-quality housing, integrated housing, and health and social care, implemented Oracle E-Business Suite to underpin their Finance, Procurement, HR and Payroll processes. Home Group turned to us to provide an E-Business Suite Managed Service as an extension of their in-house team. This has delivered significant savings to the organisation through process efficiencies. The solution has now bedded in, and they have a robust internal team that provides business-as-usual support and necessary enhancements in response to evolving business requirements.
"We chose Claremont (now DSP) as they help and encourage in-house learning which strengthens our team. They also provide a very flexible model which has saved us a lot of money which can then be re-invested back into our business to help our end customers."
IS Supplier Relation Manager | Home Group
Download Case Study PDF
There is a need to have a specialist Oracle E-Business Suite Managed Services Provider (MSP) on hand to assist with more complex issues such as configurations/customisations, extensions, modifications, localisations/internationalisation, and integration (CEMLI) support, and development activity to provide best practices. Home Group wanted to find a partner with the necessary breadth of Oracle E-Business Suite expertise and works in genuine partnerships to ensure effective knowledge transfer to the internal team.
The team initially engaged with Home Group to review their use of Oracle Learning Management. As a result, several recommendations were made by the team, which were subsequently implemented.
At the same time, our team were engaging to undertake changes to Home Group’s front-line case management mobile solution to deliver business improvements. Following a formal tender process, we were awarded a contract to continue the successful business relationship providing functional and technical support for Oracle E-Business Suite.
The Managed Service provides full support through our Incident Management process, providing response and resolution SLAs. The service also allows Problem Management to address the root causes of Incidents. Service Requests ensure that, amongst other things, the team is on hand to answer those “how to” type questions. The service is also designed to allow the delivery of “small change” work so that the solution can be continually enhanced to meet evolving business and legislative requirements.
Included in the scope of the support agreement are the following functional and technical activities:
- Functional configuration and process enhancement across the Oracle E-Business Suite modules of Financials, Procurement, Projects, Assets, HCM, OLM, Payroll and Compensation Workbench.
- Payroll support, including end-of-year patching (RUP and TYE) and supporting existing and the development of new Payroll Elements and Fast Formulae.
- Enhancements of new front-end screens to provide improved functionality using EBS methods (Oracle Forms, OAF, custom pll).
- Customisations to back end and integration objects, such as workflow changes and database side objects, including triggers and packages/procedures/functions, to perform custom functionality.
- Customising typical output documents for BACS, Invoices, Purchase Orders, Remittance Advice and creating additional E-Business Suite reports using BI Publisher.
- The creation of interfaces to/from third-party solutions, such as invoice scanning systems, to import and export data.
- Streamline business processes and make most of Oracle E-Business Suite out-of-the-box functionality.
- Knowledge transfer of functional and technical expertise to a less experienced Oracle E-Business Suite audience.
- Home Group has forged a long-term collaborative relationship with an expert Oracle MSP, with us effectively acting as an extension to the in-house team.
- With the team's expert help, Home Group has been able to ensure the smooth running of key business processes and make enhancements to the solution when required to meet business or legislative requirements.
- Through our engagement with Home Group, we have actively participated in the North East User Forum, sharing Oracle knowledge and ideas with locally based organisations.
Want to see what we can do for your business?
Get in touch with our specialists today and start your Oracle EBS journey with industry experts.