The main challenges were hardware and security-driven:
- The rail company had not budgeted for additional hardware requirements for the deployment of the technologies involved
- Traditional Managed Hosting solutions were not suitable for data residency or the level of security that C2C required
The move to Oracle alongside budget and hardware considerations required the expertise of a company familiar with the Oracle Cloud Portfolio.
C2C Rail chose to work with DSP to plan their move into an Oracle environment, and how best to handle such a large scale operation.
- Build the solution as a PaaS service in Oracle Cloud
- PaaS services integrated with the onsite TVMs
DSP helped C2C and Parkeon build the solution as a PaaS service in Oracle Cloud. The service included Oracle database and application server PaaS services integrated with the onsite TVMs, so C2C could use their preferred TVM provider without excessive new hardware costs.
- We promised comprehensive coverage across all the Rail Franchises when providing database services across Oracle and SQL
- Our publicly verified ability across the Oracle Cloud Portfolio i.e. PaaS
- Rapid deployment of TVMs that met franchise requirements
- Low cost, predictable scalability options
- Ongoing management
The design DSP provided allowed for more TVMs across more stations in a low cost, predictable way. The project moved rapidly from Proof of Concept to deployment and live TVMs, while staying in full consideration of franchise requirements.
DSP's management and support also ensured continuous availability and a smooth integration with Parkeon's machines.