Vuelio SQL Server to Azure migration and deployment
Discover how DSP managed the migration of Vuelio's environments to Microsoft Azure which resulted in significant hosting and management cost reductions.
SQL Server to Azure migration
Azure managed services
- Lack of flexibility
- Difficulties in maintaining the expanding environments
- Need for higher levels of security and protection
Due to the business's rapid expansion, a variety of Azure footprints, EA agreements, traditional hosting providers, on-premise and third-party Cloud solutions were in place and vying for attention from Vuelio's in house IT team. These environments needed urgent consolidation to avoid becoming progressively less flexible and more difficult to maintain. The nature of Vuelio’s clients also meant that security certification was key.
With so many disparate environments and a mixture of technologies in use, the internal IT team at Vuelio was stretched to maintain their platform. DSP offered Vuelio the following solutions:
- A migration of disparate environments into a consolidated Azure deployment: this would leverage the best of Azure PaaS and SaaS capabilities to simplify and streamline management, as well as substantially reducing costs.
- DSP enabled them to focus on transformation and development through delivering 24/7 Managed Services across the technology stack and in Azure.
- The breadth of skills and experience DSP possess enabled Vuelio to trust in their service delivery capability and technical recommendations. This included an extensive liaison with Microsoft to ensure the new environment leveraged the most suitable and up to date Azure functionality.
Vuelio has consolidated a single IT environment that is managed 24/7 to ensure Service Level Agreements to the business are achieved, and DSP's solutions have also resulted in a significant reduction in third-party costs for hosting and management.
In addition, the partnership between Vuelio and DSP has continued with various other contracts regarding data platform consultancy since this early appointment.
DSP's solutions proved to be successful and brought a significant reduction in third-party hosting and management costs. Those savings allow them to invest in other areas of the business while still maximising their estate investments.
After the main Azure migration and deployment project, DSP continues to provide support for Vuelio's environment through the specialised managed services. This allows Vuelio to have a piece of mind when it comes to their infrastructure.
Since the early days, DSP provided data platform consultancy for various areas of Vuelio's infrastructure which are outside of the main project scope, providing additional support and ensuring full scalability and optimisation.
Want to see what we can do for your business?
Get in touch with our specialists today and start your Azure journey with industry experts.